Q1：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation : Could you please introduce the basic situation of the Turkish Aerosol Association? (such as history, how many members etc )
Orkun : ASAD has been established in 1991 by 7 aerosol manufacturers and has been the sole voice of the sector over the past 25 years. Today, ASAD has 35 members who are active in aerosol filling, packaging and essential oils used in aerosol sector.
Q2：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :How is the present situation of the Turkish aerosol industry?
Orkun : Despite the global economic slowdown we have positive signs in the sector. We have new foreign investments of global aerosol sector players in Turkey.
Q3：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :Can you share some rough figures regarding the production of aerosols in Turkey?
Orkun : Although we do not have accurate data on production, total aerosol production is expected to be 67.4 Million units in 2014. 32.6% of this production covers the aluminum canned aerosols and the rest 67.4% which is 45.5 Million units reflects the steel canned aerosols.
Q4：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :Does Turkish aerosol industry have any innovation products or technology these two years ?
Orkun : As Turkish Aerosol Industry, we are trying to bring our benchmark equivalent with the European level. Our industry is investing heavily on innovation as well as higher-speed lines to compete in the global markets.
Q5：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :In which category is still growth potential?
Orkun : The ratio of aerosol consumption per person is still considerably low in Turkey. We expect the local market to grow on the body sprays and cosmetic products, with the changing consumption habits of Turkish people. The body spray / cosmetic products used to be luxurious products in the past, however they are a part of our daily live now.
Q6：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :Are there any special trends with regard to aerosols in the Turkish aerosol industry?
Orkun : Same as the global markets, Turkish consumers are more demanding for aluminum cans. The size of the aerosol tubes are getting smaller also and people tend to use condensed sprays.
Q7：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation : we know that FEA 2016 Aerosol Congress & Exhibition will be held in Istanbul, so could you give our members some information of this coming event ? such as the venue , How many exhibitors and visitors have been registered so far? How many exhibitors and visitors will attend in your expectations and do you have other details that would like to share with the Chinese enterprises ?
Orkun：29th FEA International Aerosol Congress & 18th Exhibition将于2016年10月4-6号在土耳其伊斯坦布尔举办。展馆地点为伊斯坦布尔中心：“Congress Valley” . 目前我们有注册展商52家，预计在2016年6月之前注册展商将超过100家。除了展会以外，我们同期还有气雾剂大会，预计参会代表300人。
Orkun : 29th FEA International Aerosol Congress & 18th Exhibition will be held in Istanbul between October 4-6, 2016. We have selected the center of Istanbul, known as “Congress Valley” as the venue of the event. So far we have contacted the previous years’ attendees and most of the companies registered for the event. We have 52 registered exhibitors at the moment and we are aiming to reach over 100 exhibitors by June 2016. (It was around 100 at the previous event in Madrid)
Apart from the exhibition, there will be a congress section and we also expect to welcome over 300 attendees.
Istanbul is just in the middle of Europe, Russia, Middle East and Asia, a gateway for business opportunities in the region. Businessmen from neighboring countries can easily visit the event without any visa restriction. That’s why, we expect a huge interest from both Africa and Gulf countries.
Q8：Aerosol Committee of China Packaging Federation :We are sure there will be a conference program as well? Where will be the focal point ?
Orkun： 关于气雾剂大会的主要内容，我们和FEA在商讨，准备在会议内容上加入更多关于市场营销的话题。做生意的方式每天都在改变，我们邀请了一些有趣的，令人大开眼界的演讲人。除了营销，我们仍然将讨论气雾剂行业的法规和发展趋势等内容 。土耳其市场和该区域的其他新兴市场有很大的潜在利益。我们届时会有详细的介绍，让气雾剂行业的专家了解这些国家的真正潜力。
Orkun : We have discussed the concept with FEA and decided to add some more marketing oriented topics into the program. The way we do business is changing every day and we have some interesting and mind-blowing speakers. We have also kept the regulatory issues and the trends in the sector. And finally, Turkish market and other emerging markets in the region have great interest. We will have detailed presentations to let the aerosol sector professionals understand the real potential in these countries.